The UACES CRN on EU-China relations has so far organized six Workshops on Europe – China Relations in Global Politics.
- The First Workshop entitled “China and Europe in 21st Century Global Politics: Partnership, Competition or Co-evolution?” took place in March 2012 at the Renmin University of China, Beijing.
- The Second Workshop entitled “Strategic Partnership? EU-China Relations Under a New Leadership” took place in March 2013 at the Renmin University of China, Beijing.
- The Third Workshop entitled “Regional Integration in Asia and Europe” took place in March 2014 at the Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou.
- The Fourth Workshop entitled “Cities as Actors in EU-Asia Cooperation” took place in March 2015 at Sichuan University, Chengdu.
- The Fifth Workshop entitled “EU-Asian Energy Politics in the 21st Century” took place in March 2016 at Hong Kong Polytechnical University, Hong Kong SAR.
- The Sixth Workshop entitled “EU-Asian Sustainable Management” took place in March 2017 at National Taiwan University, Taipei.
- The Seventh Workshop entitled “European and Asian Perspectives on China’s Belt & Road Initiative” took place in April 2018 at Nazarbayev University in Astana, Kazakhstan.
- The Eighth Workshop entitled “Coping with Disruption: Dimensions of Digitalisation in European and Asia” took place in March 2019 at The Westin Singapore Hotel, Singapore.
The Ninth Workshop on EU-China Relations in Global Politics will discuss “European and Asian Perspectives on China’s Belt & Road Initiative” and will take place on 18-20 April 2018 at Nazarbayev University* in Astana, Kazakhstan.