The UACES Research Network on EU-China relations has so far organized nine Workshops on Europe – China Relations in Global Politics.
- The 1st Workshop entitled “China and Europe in 21st Century Global Politics: Partnership, Competition or Co-evolution?” took place in March 2012 at the Renmin University of China, Beijing.
- The 2nd Workshop entitled “Strategic Partnership? EU-China Relations Under a New Leadership” took place in March 2013 at the Renmin University of China, Beijing.
- The 3rd Workshop entitled “Regional Integration in Asia and Europe” took place in March 2014 at the Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou.
- The 4th Workshop entitled “Cities as Actors in EU-Asia Cooperation” took place in March 2015 at Sichuan University, Chengdu.
- The 5th Workshop entitled “EU-Asian Energy Politics in the 21st Century” took place in March 2016 at Hong Kong Polytechnical University, Hong Kong SAR.
- The 6th Workshop entitled “EU-Asian Sustainable Management” took place in March 2017 at National Taiwan University, Taipei.
- The 7th Workshop entitled “European and Asian Perspectives on China’s Belt & Road Initiative” took place in April 2018 at Nazarbayev University in Astana, Kazakhstan.
- The 8th Workshop entitled “Coping with Disruption: Dimensions of Digitalisation in European and Asia” took place in March 2019 at The Westin Singapore Hotel, Singapore.
- The 9th Workshop entitled “EU-Asia Relations & the Race for Global Resource Leadership” took place in November 2020. Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, the conference was hosted virtually by the ESSCA EU*Asia Institute and the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Regional Project Energy Security and Climate Change in Asia-Pacific (RECAP).
The 10th Workshop on EU-China Relations in Global Politics will take place in late 2021 at Deakin University in Melbourne, Australia should the sanitary situation permit.