CALL FOR PAPERS
7th Workshop on EU-China Relations in Global Politics
“European and Asian Perspectives on China’s Belt & Road Initiative”
Nazarbayev University*, Astana, Kazakhstan
24-26 April 2018
UACES and the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung – Regional Project Energy Security and Climate Change (RECAP) are welcoming contributions for the 7th UACES Workshop on EU-China/Asia Relations in Global Politics – ‘European and Asian Perspectives on China’s Belt & Road Initiative’ on 24-26 April 2018.
This two-day Workshop at Nazarbayev University in Astana, Kazakhstan will offer policymakers, business representatives, as well as researchers and civil society representatives a platform to exchange good practices and latest analyses on EU-Asian perspectives on the central concept of China’s foreign policy – the Belt & Road Initiative (BRI).
Please send your proposal for a paper, case study, or poster along with your short biographies until Monday, 15 January 2018 using the online submission form. Proposals should be limited to no more than 500 words.
DEADLINE: 15 January 2018
The Workshop will welcome contributors on the following topics:
- China’s BRI and the evolving global order: in search for theoretical and analytical macro-level approaches
- Central Asian, Middle Eastern, South Asian and Southeast Asian perspectives on the BRI at the regional, national and subnational level
- BRI and China-Europe relations – on the regional, national and subnational level
- Climate change, sustainability and energy security of a ‘green’ BRI
- Innovation, technology, and digitisation in the context of the BRI
- Meta-level analysis: case studies and micro-level analysis on particular projects of the BRI
- Methodological approaches to comparative research in the Eurasian context
For further information, click here.
The UACES Collaborative Research Network on EU-China Relation